Coordinator of Benefits
The COB Coordinator is responsible for carrying out the necessary investigation of basic COB concepts, other insurance, diagnosis of potential workers’ compensation, motor vehicle accidents, liabilities, assistant reports, as well as, processing basic Siebel service requests and Health Rules workbasket follow up items for both individual and department queues. They are also responsible for basic claims adjudication and performing basic claim adjustments and working defined reports.
Temporary assignment in a health care setting. FT $14/hr.
- High School diploma or GED required; Associates Degree preferred
- Two (2) years of experience with claims processing required
- Have working knowledge of Microsoft Word/Excel in order to work reports and complete production logs
- Experience with secondary payer process and procedures preferred
- Experience applying COB against NYS Rules and Regulations, NAIC Guidelines and CMS Guidelines preferred
- Solid verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills, with proven customer service skills. Customers can include, but is not limited to; a member, provider, attorney, employer group or another insurance company
- Proficiency with data entry skills and Microsoft Office (Word, Excel) products required
- Demonstrated experience with independent decision making to include effective problem resolution
- Assume responsibility and adhere to departmental deadlines and turnaround times, in order to be compliant with State and Federal regulations
- Basic organizational skills with attention to detail and follow through
- Ability to work collaboratively within and outside of the Department
- Flexibility to work additional hours as needed