This position defines project scope and implementation plans based upon Thermal Management Solution requirements. This role creates project cost models to ensure the most effective Professional Services pricing can be provided to the sales teams. This position manages technical and other related activities in support of system Installation and Deployment and serves as key project resource to ensure solutions sold to customers meet requirements as designed and intended.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Oversees the planning, coordination, and execution of projects with 3rd-party Service Delivery Partners from installation to commissioning.
- Develops and manages project schedules, ensuring deployment of services align with delivery schedules. Ensures 3rd-party quotes are in line with internal and customer expectations.
- Collaborates with internal engineers, and 3rd-parties to ensure project expectations and scope are met and design intent is maintained.
- Monitors onsite progress (remotely), identifies potential issues, and implements corrective measures as needed.
- Manages project budgets, tracking expenses, and negotiating contracts with suppliers and subcontractors to optimize costs.
- Communicates effectively with stakeholders, providing regular updates on project status, milestones, and addressing any concerns.
- Leads and motivates project teams, fostering a collaborative and efficient work environment.
- Resolves conflicts and challenges that may arise during the installation, startup and commissioning processes, implementing solutions to keep the project on track.
- Evaluates and selects subcontractors based on their qualifications and performance.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Education from a two-year college/technical school with a certificate in Heating, Ventilation, and Air Conditioning is preferred.
- Or equivalent combination of education and hydronics, mechanical and/or electrical experience to successfully execute the role.
- 5+ years of related proven experience as a Project Manager required, demonstrating successful completion of diverse projects.
- Experience working in Data Center environments
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Ability to multitask a must.
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience surrounding the Installation and Deployment of Data Center Thermal Management Systems.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, fostering positive relationships with team members, clients, and stakeholders.
- Problem-solving and decision-making abilities to address challenges in a dynamic environment.
- Ability to validate technical requirements against desired business outcomes for Customers.
- Experience in translating project scope of work (SOW) into a work breakdown structure (WBS).
- Ability to collaborate with resources, internal and external, to execute a project’s objectives.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal, persuasion and customer service skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to prioritize tasks and to delegate them when appropriate.
- Ability to function well in a high-paced and at times stressful environment.
- Proficient with Project Management software and tools.
- Ability to serve as a lead technical resource on Service Case Escalations on occasion.
- Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Must be able to lift to 50 pounds at times.
- Travel is required on some occasions.
- Up to $125k