AP Professionals of WNY
Bursar Account Services Rep
Temporary to Hire, $15/hr with raise upon direct hire
- The Bursar Account Services Rep serves as the first point of contact providing excellent customer service to current and prospective students and their families.
- Perform daily operational activities to include data entry, updating and maintaining student account and academic record information and receiving and processing payments and related forms.
- Needs to be able to learn both state, federal, and institutional policies regarding financial aid, collection of student accounts, and student record privacy (FERPA).
- Must gain broad knowledge of the catalog of program offerings, the registration progress, the academic calendar, course and room schedules, and changes in student status (e.g., leaves, withdrawal, changes of major.)
- Research and resolve issues with registration, billing, and financial aid.
- Receive and process cash, checks, wire transfers, and other forms of payments for student accounts and other accounts receivable, process deposits into various accounts following college cash collection policies and procedures.
- Maintain a balanced cash drawer as well as daily reconciliation of cash receipt sessions.
- Develop and maintain knowledge of various financial aid programs, billing and collection rules and regulations as well as academic requirements for registration and degree completion.
- Able to communicate effectively and timely follow up using a variety of communication tools (phone, email, text messages, push notifications, etc...).
- Bachelors Degree
- Higher Education experience preferred