The Payroll Manager is a part of the Financial Services division for our client and oversees all aspects of payroll processing for a diverse function, which produces 1,200 bi-weekly paychecks and issues approximately 2,500 W-2’s annually across four different companies. The position is responsible for supervising a three person staff.
- Responsible for gaining knowledge of all aspects of the payroll process in order to create and maintain documentation of procedures and to recommend enhancements that will increase accuracy and improve efficiency.
- Must possess a complete understanding of standard payroll practices and procedures.
- Payroll processing to ensure accurate and timely bi-weekly payroll and fellowship processing in a multi-company environment
- Calculate and deduct appropriate amounts from payroll checks, including withholdings and garnishments
- Review and audit W-4s, payroll balance sheets and YTD earnings
- Balance payroll accounts by auditing information, resolving discrepancies and initiating journal entries
- Communicate actively with Accounts Payable, Benefits/Human Resources, and accounting to review and reconcile shared data
- Remain up to date on changes to laws, regulations, and tax tables that impact payroll administration
- Bachelor’s degree required; master’s degree and CPP certification preferred.
- Minimum five to seven years in a payroll environment.
- Experience managing staff highly preferred
- Prior experience with payments to foreign individuals under tax treaties is desirable.