AP Professionals has partnered with a food manufacturer in the Greater Rochester, NY area seeking a Warehouse Manager to join their team. The Warehouse Manager will provide leadership and direction, oversee the warehouse, and ensure the safety of the work team. This position offers competitive pay and bonus potential. Warehouse software experience needed. 5+ years in Warehouse Management required, preferably in a food environment. Union experience a plus. Previous experience in a fast-paced manufacturing environment required.
- Support strategic management of the warehouse in compliance with policies and vision
- Ensure that the warehouse team is adequately staffed, trained and supervised, assigning tasks appropriately and assessing performance. Motivates and coaches’ employees.
- Manage the warehouse to appropriate KPI’s including team productivity targets
- Manage stock control, reconciling with system data and utilizing periodic inventory physicals and a yearend physical inventory for audit. Provide data to customers on customer owned inventories. Ensure data bases reflect accurate inventory information.
- Maintain standards of health, safety, food safety and security including; GMP, HACCP, SQF, as per policies and applicable regulations
- Responsible for the care and use of maintenance of tools used in the warehouse including forklifts and other material moving equipment, racking, handheld scanners, and data input terminals
- Support the annual warehousing budget process and performance against budget
- Develop, coach, and mentor warehouse supervisory staff
- Facilitate movement of materials and communication with outside warehouse facilities
- Provide input for department budget and S&OP initiatives
- Ensure compliance with inventory accuracy initiatives, including cycle counts and year-end physical inventory audit.
- Assist in developing and maintaining departmental work instructions and SOP’s.
- Fill in for the Logistics Manager in their absence.
- Bachelor’s degree in related field (Warehouse Mgmt., Business Administration, Material Handling etc.)
- Minimum of 5 years of warehouse experience in a high volume palletized material handling environment
- Minimum of 3 years warehouse management experience
- Food warehouse experience preferred
- Union experience a plus.
- Previous experience in a fast-paced manufacturing environment required.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and Other Characteristics
- Demonstrated leadership skills ability to manage and develop staff
- Expertise in warehouse management procedures and best practices
- Proven ability to implement process improvement initiatives
- Strong knowledge of warehousing Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s)
- Demonstrated expertise in warehouse material handling, storage and data tools
- Hands-on experience with warehouse management software and databases including Microsoft Office
- Strong decision-making skills
- Detail oriented and highly organized with excellent follow-up practices