AP Professionals has partnered with a Consulting group that is looking to add a Wind Turbine Test Engineer to their team. Work in a small technical group and focus on providing a variety of testing services such as vibration, strain gage, and radio telemetry. This company offers a great team environment, strong benefits, and a great culture.
- Work with customers to determine their test requirements, determine labor, expenses, and equipment costs needed for the project. Write proposals based on estimated work scope. Assist sales in presentation and negotiation of quotation.
- Prepare for tests by planning, acquiring equipment, and coordinating with customers.
- Assemble and test custom data acquisition systems in the laboratory.
- Install instrumentation and perform tests at customer facilities and wind farms that could entail extensive travel and extended hours
- Document instrumentation configurations, test results, and provide comprehensive reports to customers.
- Oversee equipment certification for frequently used instruments and sensors.
- Work with numerical simulation engineers (mechanical, structural, fluids, electromagnetics) to combine testing and simulation results, and to craft cohesive test and analysis reports. Potential development path for numerical simulation (FEA, CFD)
- BS in an Engineering field at minimum. MS in an Engineering field preferred.
- 8 years of engineering experience
- 3 years wind turbine experience in a small technical group that is focused on turbomachinery and general industrial testing services
- Strong knowledge and experience in vibration and strain measurements.
- Strong applied mechanical (shop) and instrumentation skills
- Experience with Microsoft Office programs such as Word, Excel and PowerPoint
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and Other Characteristics
- Excellent English communication skillset (written and verbal).
- Outstanding customer relationship skills
- Proven analytical skills
- Willing to travel world-wide possibly on short notice.
- Ability to think on your feet and improvise when needed to get a job done (problem solving).
- Good physical condition. Confined space work, work at height, and heavy lifting required.
- An entrepreneurial spirit and a demonstrated ability to work well independently.
- Team player with a great overall attitude.
- Commitment to total customer satisfaction.
The following skills are a plus but not required:
- Interest or Coursework in electronics, structural dynamics and mechanics of materials
- Experience with 3D CAD Software such as Solidworks or NX
- Experience with numerical simulation (FEA, CFD)
- Experience with working at heights (ideally certified)
- Experience with quality assurance such as A2LA accreditation