AP Professionals is recruiting for a temporary Leave and Benefits Coordinator for a client located in Victor. This position would be temporary for 6 months.
- Follow-up with carriers on the status of disability and paid family leave claims and update systems.
- Communicate with employees on leave re: status of claims, expected return to work dates, providing updated medical documentation, etc.
- Monitor leave status, follow-up as needed and provide status updates to leaders, payroll and other business partners.
- Maintains accurate records on leaves/disability and workers compensation cases; report new workers compensation claims to carrier.
- Assist with issues related to processing benefits and HRIS data.
- Respond to employee inquiries related to benefit coverage, claims issues, COBRA, etc.
- Assists in developing and streamlining processes and procedures.
- Assist employees with system navigation for first-time enrollments and annual Open Enrollment, reset employee passwords, etc.
- Participate in Workers Compensation investigations with the supervisor and the employee, coordinate appropriate medical treatment for the injured employee and review medical status reports to determine next steps.
- Ensures compliance of benefits and leave administration with federal and state laws, including IRS and Department of Labor regulations.
- Partnering with HRIS Lead to conduct benefit audits
- Participate in testing system updates for Benefit administration, HRIS – compensation management, leave management, etc.
- As business needs dictate, works extended hours to complete daily department goals or tasks to include mandatory overtime.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Associate degree in Business, HR or related field required; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Minimum 1 - 3 years’ experience; experience in benefit or leave administration preferred.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and Other Characteristics
- Basic Microsoft Office – Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook or the equivalent.
- Exceptional attention to detail, analytical self-starter with a focus on accuracy.
- Strong knowledge of FMLA/CFRA/PDL laws as well as ADA involving worker with disability, understanding OSHA guidelines in healthcare.
- Knowledge of benefit plans and compliance requirements