AP Professionals has partnered with a solutions company that is looking to add a Technical Sales Engineer to their growing team. Open due to promotion! The Technical Sales Engineer will be a resource to customers in order to understand their needs and accurately provide them with solutions. The Technical Sales Engineer will need experience with new product development process, ability to understand multiple industry product quickly, and possess the ability to build and adapt on little to no information. Bachelor’s Degree in an engineering focused program required. Extensive knowledge in new product development process and research and design required. Upbeat personality and the ability to adapt required for this customer facing role!
- Discover customer’s core requirements and develop a customized configuration of the Company solutions to best meet their needs.
- Present and recommend solution to senior-level executives.
- Regularly interact with sales force and management team and provide opportunity for visibility.
- Perform Technical sales support on projects and work with customers through the full life cycle
- Handle the Customer onboarding and assist with product support
- Responsible for cross-selling and customer renewal rates
- Assisting with the development of future product releases
- Bachelor’s Degree with a science or engineering focus required
- Master’s Degree preferred
- Experience with technology evaluation, large data analysis, search techniques, and technical document review.
- Familiarity with new product development, including research and innovation processes along with a strong technical background
- Understanding of the value of patents to corporations & inventors as well as intellectual property creation and review processes helpful!
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and Other Characteristics
- Ability to converse enthusiastically on scientific and technical matters in a variety of disciplines with customers from a diverse variety of backgrounds.
- A “quick on your feet” nimbleness and the ability to answer “how-to” questions on the fly.