AP Professionals has partnered with an agriculture company on the westside of Rochester looking to add a Site Manager to their team. Develop knowledge of Farm operations and ensure best practices are utilized. Identify and address issues, and eliminate rework and waste. Maintain communication with VP of Production and Processing as well as other managers. A minimum of 5 years’ experience working in agriculture required.
- Oversees all the division farm operations and employees.
- Support and assist VP Production & Processing with planning, reporting, labor budgets, daily operation expenses, payroll as well as office work.
- Organize and prepare for annual regulatory audits (SQF, UEP and FDA).
- Continually develops knowledge of Farm operations to ensure best practices are being utilized in each area to eliminate re-work, waste while exceeding expectations.
- Identify and address Farm issues and communicate with VP of Production and Processing along with other managers to resolve problems.
- Responds with a sense of urgency to customer concerns; troubleshoots problems, develops a plan of action, and communicates solutions to interested parties (senior management, etc.)
- Ensures Farm tasks are prioritized and completed efficiently and within the required time.
- Maintains two-way communication with other managers to share knowledge and ideas.
- Communicates and explains company vision to employees, and maintains and encourages two-way communication by reaching out and getting to know each individual on the team.
- Continually develops knowledge of department management, diversity, retention, development, and communication skills.
- Ensures employees have up-to-date performance reviews and receive feedback that is fair, accurate, and helps them do their jobs better.
- Provides resources to enable employees to work effectively.
- Acts as a team player (supports and encourages co-workers); treats management, co-workers, and employees with respect.
- Has hiring and terminating responsibilities. Encourages managers to cross train employees within departments.
- Understands and ensures employees comply with Policies and Work Rules, as well as federal and state laws and regulations.
- Can be counted on to meet or exceed standards in the tasks performed for the Farm without sacrificing quality or personal safety, and encourages other Farm employees to do the same.
- Work with Safety Manager to ensure employees comply with all safety policies and procedures.
- Shares results with employees and ensures recognition of individual and team achievements, as well as provides specific informal and formal feedback to employees in a timely fashion.
- Bachelor’s Degree required
- Minimum of five (5) years of relevant leadership experience required
- Successful track record working with agricultural business and people relationships·
- Strong labor planning and budgeting skills
- Knowledge of federal and state employment laws and regulations
- Knowledge of New York State agricultural/farming regulations and standards
- General knowledge of the regulations and standards for Safe Quality Foods, OSHA, HAACP, and USDA
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and Other Characteristics
- Strong overall Management and Leadership skills
- High Emotional Intelligence (EI)
- Innate ability to work effectively with people, and to make the whole team stronger than the sum of their skills and talents
- Very strong delegation and organizational skills
- Uncompromising ethics and integrity
- Possesses a high degree of initiative
- Demonstrates commitment to continued professional growth and development