Reporting to the Senior Manager of Tax, the senior accountant is responsible to maintain compliance with the tax requirements of this multi-state business. The ideal candidate will have previous experience and a solid foundation with regards to sales tax and other indirect taxes. This position is supported by a team of five and will be preparing and reviewing returns, journal entries, and general ledger account reconciliations. This company is growing and there are excellent advancement opportunities for motivated professionals.
- Monitor and understand state and federal tax laws as they relate to the business operaitons
- Support the process of submitting tax returns and payment of taxes - both state and federal, including developing and maintain the supporting workpapers / schedules.
- Monitor the receipt of owed refunds and ensures tax filings have been received.
- Respond to all tax inquiries as assigned in a timely manner.
- Reconcile general ledger accounts to ensure assets and liabilities are properly stated.
- Special projects as assigned.
A Bachelor's degree in accounting is a requirement for this position.
- A minimum of 2 years prior experience with taxes- in particular- sales tax for a multi-state operation, excise, tax, and other indirect taxes
- CPA designation is highly preferred
- Prior large company experience would be an advantage
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and Other Characteristics
- Knowledge with regards to SALT and other tax laws.
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills
- Able to research and draw conclusions on tax pronouncements
- Excellent communication skills
- Able to manage multiple priorities
- Attention to details