Our client is looking for a highly dynamic senior financial accountant to join their team! Office located in south Rochester. This person will be working closely with the accounting manager and controller to see out the growth goals of the company. The ideal candidate will have a team oriented personality, but also be able to work as a sole contributor.
- Perform the monthly close process in a timely manner
- Preparation of concise financial statements
- Maintenance of the chart of accounts
- Prepare quarterly and annual documentation for SEC filings
- Maintenance of all fixed assets including acquisitions and disposals
- Perform accounting research, where necessary
- Work closely with external auditors
- Other projects as deemed necessary
- Bachelor's degree in accounting is REQUIRED!
- Four or more years' of experience in an accounting role
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and Other Characteristics
- Stong analytical skills are highly preferred
- Experience with SAGE MAS500, Hyperion and COGNOS
- Advanced skill set in Microsoft Office, specifically Excel