AP Professionals has partnered with a Manufacturer looking to add a Senior Facilities Engineer to their team. The Senior Facilities Engineer will be responsible for a multi-phase renovation and expansion of the facility. Previous experience in both manufacturing and construction environments required. This position is a direct-hire, full-time opportunity with immediate benefits available.
- Project manage major facility renovations in support of site long term strategy. Lead development of high-level plan with proposed site layout, capital estimates, timing, major risks and concerns working with key stakeholders, general contractor, architects and vendors.
- Develop capital expenditure requests, justifications and presentations leading to executive approval and release of funds.
- Schedule, initiate and manage all efforts necessary to complete renovation projects to achieve budget, timing and technical requirements.
- Escalate issues and propose mitigation options working with vendors and site management. Provide single point contact and communication between General Contractor, Architects and other vendors supporting the renovation projects Work closely with Business Unit Managers, Health and Safety, and Site management to assure safety, regulatory compliance and minimize plant disruptions.
- Lead facility improvement projects and processes. Develop and maintain facility master plan aligned with long range strategic plan. Define current facility and infrastructure capabilities, capacities and gaps to prioritize, justify and lead improvement projects. Implement facility improvement tools and methods including Building Management Systems.
- Responsible for project and capital management of all facility improvement projects.
- Provides Facility Engineering support for the maintenance team as needed
- BS in Engineering and 5 – 7 years’ experience OR HS Diploma with trade or facility management certification and 15 years relevant experience
- Facilities Management or Project / Program Management Certificate Preferred
- 10+ years of relevant work experience in facilities management driving infrastructure improvements
- Demonstrated experience leading complex construction and renovation projects in a manufacturing environment
- Experience with building automation, monitoring systems, asset management systems, security systems Preferred
- Experience in highly regulated industries preferred, e.g. Medical device, Pharmaceutical, Automotive, etc.
- Strong Project Management skills including macro and micro planning, and capital management
- Working knowledge of OSHA and environmental regulations, as well as building, electrical, plumbing, civil and mechanical construction codes.
- Strong communication and collaboration skills to lead diverse group of stakeholders, management and contractors to smoothly and safely implement renovation plans