Direct hire, Henrietta, pay commensurate to experience
Our client, an international electrical power manufacturer is seeking an experienced thermal engineer to join their Rochester team. The Senior Thermal Applications Engineer is responsible for the design and implementation of innovative thermal management ideas, leading from initial design to prototyping and communicate with internal and external teams providing optimal customer solutions. Heat transfer and thermal applications experience is required. This position also requires weekly travel to the company's Toronto location through the end of December, 2018 for training and to assist in the transfer of all manufacturing processes to Rochester location.
Due to the company's military contractor status, this position is not eligible for candidates who are Green Card Holders or those who require Visa sponsorship.
- Work with customers to design optimal thermal solutions
- Respond to technical queries from the customer and internal and outside sales representatives
- Write and present technical reports
- Visit customers to promote products and discuss applications
- Work with manufacturing to finalize a working solution for the customer
- Support R&D efforts through the characterization and prototype heatsink testing
- Lead and provide engineering support for thermal product development projects
- Bachelors of Science in Mechanical Engineering required; Master's of Science preferred.
- 5 years’ minimum experience in thermal management product for electronics required.
- Military thermal applications experience preferred.
- Knowledge in heat transfer and thermal fluids science required.
- Experience with CFD software conducting thermal analysis required.
- Two phase flow problem solution skills preferred.
- Valid passport for travel to Canada require. French speaking a plus.