The Senior Accounts Payable Associate will be responsible for processing vendor invoices, coordinating and verifying invoice approvals and responding to vendor inquiries on payment status. Support preparation of invoices and scanning and audit payment requests. 5-10 years experience in AP preferred!
- Maintains and organizes invoices, packing slips and purchase orders on a daily basis.
- Audit supplier invoices for accuracy, completeness and conformance to company specifications prior to processing for payment.
- Responds to calls and inquiries from internal and external customers regarding outstanding balances, accounts or issues and works to resolve issues or disparities as they arise.
- Communicates professionally with vendors and department members.
- Reconcile vendor statements to ensure payments are up to date.
- Meets deadline for month-end closing schedule and ensures correct post date for all payable transactions.
- Gather relevant vendor documentation to support vendor maintenance to ensure accurate W-9’s and 1099 reporting.
- Build and maintain key relationships with supplier Accounts Receivable departments, buying team and operational leaders.
- Support preparation of invoices and scanning.
- Works with AP Supervisors to manage department goals and progress and update on vendor/invoice/PO problem issues.
- Assists with staff during absences.
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Associate’s Degree in Accounting or Business Administration preferred.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and Other Characteristics
- Preferred 5-10 years of Accounts Payable (AP) experience working in a Finance department.
- Strong computer skills in Windows and Excel.
- Ability to work in a high paced technologically based environment.