The senior accountant prepares financial statements, consolidated statements, and various other accounting reports; In addition, this person is expected to provide financial analysis and assist in the forecast/ budgeting process. The senior accountant will be proficient in working with the accounting software programs, and competent when providing answers to financial questions / inquiries.
- Assist in all phases of closing and reporting of assigned duties including: preparation of journal entries, analysis and reconciliation of general ledger accounts, analysis of variances in income statement and balance sheet accounts.
- Analyze financial reports and records relative to the accounting of reserves, assets and expenditures.
- Prepare analysis and reconciliation of balance sheet accounts.
- Communicate and coordinates with other departments and regional personnel including first line regional financial contact and support for assigned region.
- Ensure compliance with corporate accounting policies and procedures and internal controls.
- Prepare for and participates in internal and external audits in functional area.
- Contribute to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Represent the function in special projects and assignments.
- Perform other accounting duties, as required.
- Reports to Manager, US Accounting
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting required at a minimum
- CPA preferred but not required.
- Minimum of 4 years of relevant experience. This can be public accounting and industry.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and Other Characteristics
- Analysis and Problem Assessment - identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; gathers and analyzes information skillfully; develops alternative solutions.
- Interpersonal/Communications Skills - focuses on solving conflict; speaks and writes clearly and persuasively; listens to get clarification; responds well to questions
- Integrity - builds trust by treating customers, peers and others with integrity; treats people with respect; upholds organizational values; keeps commitments.
- Teamwork - balances team and individual responsibilities; contributes to building a positive team spirit; supports everyone's efforts to succeed.