Our client is a rapidly growing commercial real estate company. We have a great relationship with their finance leaders and the senior accountant role is a critical position. Success is measured by this candidate's ability to provide meaningful analysis of financial information and to handle monthly accounting close in an accurate and timely manner.
- Manage the general ledger and the accounting close function
- Prepare and understand financial statements, providing explanations within the reporting package
- Complete account reconciliations on a monthly basis to ensure accuracy
- Analyze construction projects for accuracy
- Provide financial metrics and build upon them future meaningful data points
- Support junior accountant as needed
- Become expert with the ERP system and reporting tools (Sage 300 Construction & Real Estate)
- Help ensure proper controls / safeguards are in place to protect company assets
- Other duties as assigned
A bachelor's degree is required for this position.
The successful candidate will have a minimum of 5 years' experience.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and Other Characteristics
- Advanced Excel skills
- Strong technology abilities
- Ability to multi-task
- Detail and accuracy oriented