Our client is a multi-entity private company with its headquarters in Rochester, NY. The Senior Accountant reports to the Controller and provides accurate and timely financial reporting and analysis to the business leaders. This role will use independent judgment and be hands-on with regard to all financial activities of the various businesses.
- Prepares and analyzes monthly financial statements (Monthly P&L statements and Balance Sheet account reconciliation)
- Responsible for month end closing process, including preparation of journal entries as needed.
- Leads the company's state and local tax filing process- payroll taxes, sales taxes, and property taxes.
- Oversees & assists with accounts payable tasks
- Works with external auditors during year-end audit to provide requested documentation related to financial statements;
- Create and maintain an atmosphere of warmth, positivity, with a team-oriented approach
- Ensure effective communication mechanisms for sharing best practices.
- Manages junior level accounting staff as needed
A minimum of a bachelor's degree in Accounting is preferred for this position. The company may consider someone with less education if the candidate has additional relevant experience. A CPA is also highly desired.
In order to be successful, the ideal candidate will possess a minimum of three years of experience with a demonstrated track record of advancement / progressive responsibilities.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and Other Characteristics
- Ability to work independently
- Critical thinking / problem solving is essential
- Strong computer technology skills