AP Professionals has partnered with an electronic distributor looking to add a Sales Specialist to their growing team. Open due to growth! The Sales Specialist will be a hybrid role of both inside sales support and field account management. Handle processing all quotes, order inquiries, and utilize internal systems. Candidates who enjoy multi-tasking, quick turnaround times, and are looking for room to grow are highly encouraged to apply.
- Promptly reply to customer requests.
- Update quotes, follow-up with customers on status of orders and identify and record any problems related to the product, process and quality system.
- Control further processing, delivery or installation of nonconforming product until the deficiency or unsatisfactory condition has been corrected
- Estimate date of delivery to customer, based on knowledge of own firm's production and delivery schedules.
- Create requisitions to obtain factory information.
- Build and maintain customer’s relationships.
- Review monthly contract reports to evaluate stocking levels and adjust when necessary.
- Investigate and resolve customer problems with deliveries.
- Enter customer orders and change as necessary.
- Review expedite report on a daily basis and advise customer of any delivery issues.
- Interface with manufacturer’s Reps, purchasing, and/or management on existing and pending business.
- Maintain cross-reference of customer part number vs. manufacturer part number.
- Initiate the issuance of credit to the customer for quantity/pricing errors.
- Review customer confirming orders and advise customer of any discrepancies.
- Maintain customer drawings/prints and update customer cross reference file with current rev level.
- Interface with Quality Control Department on shipping and/or receiving issues.
- Participate in vendor product training.
- Comply with company policies and procedures as designated by ISO 9001 standards
- Make outbound calls to potential and existing customers by telephone and e-mail to sell products and services
- Emphasizes salable features, quotes prices, credit terms and prepares sales orders
- Creates formal quotations for customer review and follow up on quotes to book business
- Complete all project oriented bids via Excel spreadsheet, along with loading formal quote for traceability into ERP system
- 2 years Associates Degree desired
- 2 years of experience in a related field.
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook.
- Experience using As400 based systems preferred but not required.
- Quick turn responses, the ability to multi-task and work on multiple quotes at once
- Candidate should have strong organizational skills