AP Professionals has partnered with an optics manufacturer that is looking to add an experience Quality Technician on to their B-Shift. The Quality Technician will be responsible for performing dimensional measurements using both manual hand gauges as well as computer controlled gauges. This is a full-time, direct hire opportunity that will give a candidate to work in an environment that promotes continuous improvement efforts as well as great team culture.
Hours: 2:30 PM – 11:00 PM, Monday – Friday
- Perform dimensional measurements with manual hand gauges such as calipers, micrometers, etc.
- Perform dimensional measurements with computer controlled gauges such as Mitutoyo touch CMM, OGP multisensory CMM, and Zeiss profilometer.
- Performing optical non-contact inspection using interferometer and optical bench metrology methods
- Perform visual inspection of optical parts to identify non-conformance according to documented parameters
- Notify production personnel of inspection results
- Identify and report systematic and preventable non-conformance occurrences to maximize yields
- Perform final inspection requirements both in-process (where applicable) and as a standalone operation
- Reject defective product and document through process
- Document inspection results by a hard copy and into MS Access database
- Apply flash coating to sample parts using a vacuum coating chamber
- Work with production to actively and urgently find continuous improvement opportunities by working as a team to suggest machine and process changes
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
- Minimum 5 years Optical Manufacturing and/or inspection experience
- Injection molding experience
- Six sigma and/or lean manufacturing experience
- Must be have proven experience operating optical inspection equipment (interferometer, OGP Smart Scope)
- Must be able to utilize mechanical measurement equipment (calipers, CMM, profilometer, etc.)