AP Professionals has partnered with a Machine Shop looking to add a Quality Engineer to their growing team! The Quality Engineer will develop inspection and test protocols, measure components to verify compliance to customer requirements, and verify test methods and fixturing. Support the manufacturing process to meet customer specifications and work with production. 3+ years’ experience in a manufacturing environment and familiarity with ISO standards desired!
- Use all aspects of testing equipment to set-up, perform, analyze and report on all phases of product testing based on developed test plans.
- Assist in maintaining accurate records.
- Prepare and communicate testing and inspecting results to ensure quality standards are satisfied.
- Participate and support continuous improvement initiatives
- Support the manufacturing process to meet customer specifications (for new products and established products).
- Establish requirements and procedures for in-coming and in-process inspection and record keeping
- Respond to all customer requests for inspection reports/part approvals and corrective action
- Assist manufacturing in the creation of work instructions
- Report on progress towards attainment of Quality Goals
- Manage the calibration program for precision measurement instruments
- Perform mechanical measurements on parts using standard dimensional metrology.
- Program and perform measurements using a Mitutoyo CMM and OGP Flash 302 (multi-sensor CMM). Will provide programming training.
- Support new products by developing First Article Samples and in-process inspection protocols.
- Work with internal teams to establish and monitor process parameters to ensure that quality parts are being produced.
- Interact with production departments to better understand issues and identify and resolve the root cause of a problem.
- Provide input on processes and procedures, including suggesting improvements and design of experiments approach to objectively determine the best approach.
- Suggest fixture designs required by custom test/inspection setups.
- Collaborate with customers, production and engineering teams to develop agreed upon inspection and test criteria, methods, and specifications.
- 3 – 5 years’ experience in a manufacturing environment preferred
- Experience in the machine shop environment preferred
- Familiarity with ISO standards desired
- Statistical awareness/familiarity a plus
- Previous experience with PPAP a plus
- Knowledge and understanding of dimensions and tolerances
- Strong Excel skills required
- Computer controlled/programmed inspection equipment experience preferred
- Experience using Verniers, calipers, micrometers, pin gauges, other mechanical gauges