AP Professionals has partnered with a small plastics manufacturer in the Rochester, NY area that is seeing a transformational change agent to join their team. The Quality Assurance Manager will work to continuously improve company manufacturing capabilities as part of the Executive Leadership team. Through the Quality Management System, ensure products meet customer specifications. Scope of responsibilities include molding, tooling, finishing, and delivery and direct supervision of four Quality Control Technicians on three shifts. Previous experience in plastics is strongly preferred, but not required.
- Supervise the efforts of four Quality Control Technicians
- Establish requirements and procedures for in-coming and in-process inspection and record keeping
- Identify manufacturing processes that are not capable of meeting customer requirements to assist manufacturing
- Respond to all customer requests for inspection reports/part approvals and corrective action
- Lead the corrective action process.
- Assist manufacturing in the creation of work instructions
- Act as the management representative for the Quality Management System (QMS), responding to customer requests for information about our QMS
- Report on progress towards attainment of Quality Goals
- Manage the calibration program for precision measurement instruments
- Have the ability to run a calibration program and work with qualitative requirements (such as color)
- Exhibit problem solving skills utilized Six Sigma.
- Minimum of five years’ experience in a manufacturing environment required
- Experience in the plastics industry strongly preferred, specifically at a small company
- Previous supervisory experience required
- Previous experience in an ISO environment
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and Other Characteristics
- Work will with customers
- Knowledge and understanding of dimensions and tolerances
- Transformational leader and change agent (proactive quality, not reactive)
- Ability to create and enforce messaging