AP Professionals has partnered with a wire & cable and electromechanical products distributor that is looking for a purchasing specialist to join their established team. Manage assigned product lines from verification, preparation, and forward of purchase orders to verification of item's receipt. Authorize payments and liaise with manufacturing suppliers. Must be a strong communicator, with a team-oriented work style. Achieve customer and supplier satisfaction defined within departmental goals.
- Place orders with suppliers for assigned lines.
- Maintain supplier information and pricing files in company system as received.
- Make recommendations regarding stock levels, and complete stock rotations for assigned lines.
- Complete required paperwork for import shipments.
- Enter PO acknowledgements as received; follow-up on placed acknowledgements within 24 hours, and release them in the system within 48 hours.
- Enter changes and expedite POs as necessary.
- Manage invoices provided by accounting by comparting them to the PO acknowledgements.
- Complete credits, debits, back-outs, and re-bills; and request supplier corrective actions when required.
- Obtain proof of deliveries from suppliers; send open order report to top suppliers weekly.
- Review supplier on-time and quality reports monthly.
- Prevent re-occurrence of any nonconformities relating to the products, process, and quality system.
- 2 years of purchasing experience.
- Self-starter, willing to work with minimal supervision.
- Strong desire to learn and work in a team-centric environment.
- Effective and timely inter-departmental communicator.
- Understanding of ISO 9001 standards.