AP Professionals has partnered with a products distributor that is looking for a Purchasing Specialist to join their established team. The Purchasing Specialist will interface between manufacturers and the Company. Prepare and execute purchase orders, authorize payments, and engage in day-to-day operations within the Purchasing Department. Candidates who are strong communicators and have a team-oriented work style are encouraged to apply!
- Manage all aspects of the commodities
- Obtain requirements by verifying, preparing, and forwarding purchase orders; verifies receipt of items; authorizes payment and engages in the day-to-day operations of the Purchasing Department.
- Serve as the primary interface between the manufacturers and Company
- Prepare and execute Purchase Orders in a timely and efficient manner on a day-to-day basis.
- Analyze and maintain adequate stock to satisfy current and future customer requirements.
- Effective and timely communications with all departments.
- Initiate action to prevent the re-occurrence of any nonconformities relating to the products, process, and quality system.
- Initiate, recommend, or provide solutions through designated channels.
- Maintain supplier literature and cross reference materials as well as supplier information and pricing files
- Collaborate with other Purchasing Specialists and Manager in making recommendations regarding stocking levels to better support customers.
- Participate in manufacturer trainings to enhance knowledge of products.
- Place orders (including air-rush orders) with suppliers for lines assigned.
- Follow-up on purchase orders placed within 24 hours and release within 48 hours.
- Obtain supplier promise dates and verify PO acknowledgements from suppliers and enter information in document retention software (Web-Docs).
- Expedite purchase order lines daily per expedite file.
- Obtain proof of deliveries from suppliers.
- Manage invoices provided by accounting daily.
- Send open order report to top suppliers on a weekly basis and populate changes if received by the suppliers.
- Review CSE file daily and provide resolution to issues and provide RMA’s when requested.
- Request Supplier Corrective Actions when required by our customers.
- Complete credits, debits, back-outs, and re-bills.
- 2 years of Purchasing experience.
- Competent in using Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
- Experience with Lean Supply Chain a plus.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and Other Characteristics
- Self-Starter who has the ability to work with minimal supervision
- Must be able to work efficiently in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills required.