AP Professionals is currently in search of a temp-hire OR direct hire Part Time Bookkeeper in the Brighton/Henrietta area of Rochester! Excellent opportunity!
Duties include processing biweekly and monthly payrolls through to general ledger; reconciling all bank accounts and revenue distribution monthly, along with correcting entries to the general ledger and prepares monthly profit/loss statements for departments. Administers 401K plan including reconciliation and preparation of Form 5500. Prepares Annual sales tax return and works closely with practice CPA at mid-year and year-end to compile financial reports and corporation tax return. Perform other diverse financial and administrative duties as requested by the administrator or physicians.
Pay is up to $25/hour. Hours are approximately 24 hours/week - days/times flexible EXCEPT payroll day on Monday.
- Preparation of payroll spreadsheet based on billing productivity and reconciliation to the Income Statement
- Provide expense/income statements for employees
- Confer with payroll service to provide accurate employee changes in status and be aware of quarterly and year-end payroll requirements
- Utilizing the monthly internal checklist, review and reconcile checklist items monthly
- Research vendors to negotiate prices and maintain contract costs. Provide cost analysis spreadsheets as requested by the CFO
- Calculate and prepare monthly journal entries to distribute fixed asset, computer costs and other expenses between offices
- Prepare annual 1099 Forms and transmittal to IRS
- Prepare annual New York State Sales Tax Return timely with proper documentation
- Deposit Federal and New York State Corporate Tax and annual filing for the practice
- Prepare and submit annual federal and NYS Charities Bureau returns
- Perform bank reconciliations on all cash accounts
- Reconcile monthly revenue totals provided by the billing department to the general ledger
- Assist the accountant with any mid-year and year-end reconciliation’s relating to payroll, pension and the general ledger
- Accurate entry of prepared year-end journal entries
- Maintain accurate spreadsheets for 401K audit and analysis to provide Plan and 415 Compensation amounts to record keeper for annual compliance testing
- Track purchasing, inventory usage and payments and assist in negotiating discounts for supplies
- AAS or BS degree in Accounting, Business, or Management preferred
- 3+ years in a bookkeeping/accounting and payroll position required
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and Other Characteristics
- Paychex experience a plus
- SAGE experience a plus