AP Professionals has partnered with an Environmental Sustainability company that is looking to add a Project Manager to their team. The Project Manager will be responsible for ensuring projects are completed on time, within the budget, and meet the stated goals. Support both technical projects and institute operations. The right candidate would have previous experience in recycling, reuse, or recovery. A chemical, electronics, or plastics industry background a plus! 5+ years’ engineering experience required.
- Collaborate with project team members from industry, academia, and national labs to deliver Institute awarded projects on time and budget.
- Maintain regular communication with project team members and Company operations and technical staff
- Identify intellectual property with commercialization potential both within and across projects
- Support the development of Institute project calls, and work with awarded teams to finalize statements of work and budgets
- Work with Contract management to execute project contract modifications as needed
- Ensure reporting is completed as required
- Perform presentations for conferences and Senior Leadership Teams at client organizations.
- Assist in other Institute deliverables as needed
- Some domestic travel (1 – 2 times per year)
- Bachelor’s Degree required in engineering
- MBA or equivalent experience preferred
- 5+ years’ previous experience in an engineering environment required
- Experience managing technical projects in a research environment
- Experience with federally funded projects preferred
- Experience with one or more of the following: Design for Reuse, Manufacturing Materials Optimization, Remanufacturing and End of Life/Reuse, Recycling and Recovery
- Understanding of intellectual property and commercialization with the ability to identify intellectual property with commercialization potential
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and Other Characteristics
- Strong technical aptitude
- Strong verbal and written skills, and ability to convey complex information in a way that others can readily understand
- Strong attention to detail, ability to multi-task and work effectively in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to systematically analyze complex problems, draw relevant conclusions and implement appropriate solutions
- Ability to perform presentations for conferences and Senior Leadership Teams at client organizations.