AP Professionals has partnered with a growing food technology startup seeking a Production Supervisor to join their team. Ensure production meets health, sanitation, and quality standards. There is room for growth and development within the organization, and they are seeking a dedicated and thoughtful individual with an attraction to a fast-paced, early stage start-up environment.
- Manage the day-to-day production operations of processing plant
- Oversee and ensure production output, product quality, and timeline
- Aid in writing LOTO equipment procedures and SOP’s; participate in the development and implementation of food safety and regulatory plans;
- Lead implementation of and ensure continued compliance to food safety plans, regulations, sanitation plans, pest control and other pre-requisite programs; reassess adequacy of HACCP Plan continually and whenever any changes occur;
- Advise on process steps and practicality of control measures;
- Report food safety and quality problems to the food safety and management teams immediately;
- Identify field and plant problems for corrective action;
- Identify processes, implement improvements, and communicate on a regular basis plans that support the goals of the organization;
- Ensure materials, manpower, and equipment are utilized in the most efficient manner;
- Lead operations team post-production into sanitation activities;
- When needed, interface with the public, lead facility tours, and participate in conversations with customers and strategic parties as identified by the management team;
- Build and manage a team of employees - including hiring, assignment of responsibilities, scheduling, and training – and foster an environment of growth opportunities and development, consistent with company culture.
- A Bachelor's degree is preferred.
- 3-5+ years of broad-based food manufacturing operations management experience;
- Supervisory experience, management education, and/or demonstrated planning, organizing, goal setting, controlling, self-development, decision making, and presentation skills
- Comprehensive knowledge of HACCP, GMP’s practices, USDA and FDA regulations, GFSI schemes, SGF/PCQI/BRC and/or Better Process Control;