AP Professionals has partnered with a packaging manufacturer looking to add a Product Development Engineer to their team. The Product Development Engineer will be responsible for working on customer issues, providing technical leadership, and ensuring successful manufacturing. Previous background in extrusion laminating or coating desired. Previous industry experience in healthcare a plus! The right candidate would be high energy, goal driven, and have a customer service attitude.
- Provide leadership both in a technical and professional capacity in order to resolve customer problems and manufacturing problems. Work on overall project management of assigned projects.
- Be in attendance to customer trials.
- Interacting with customers, management, marketing, sales, and suppliers in a professional and respectful manner.
- Work with teams on product development, waste reduction, quality improvement, etc.
- Facilitate results and use them in the process to develop new products and processes in response to customer input, and/or assigned duties.
- Interact with all levels of team members in a professional manner such as hourly staff, Operations Manager, customers, and suppliers.
- Handle multiple projects and demands at any given time. Must be accurate, detail oriented with excellent follow up and project management skills.
- Bachelor's degree (B. A.) in a Technical Field (Chemical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Chemistry, etc.) from a four-year college or university OR combination of education and experience.
- Experience in packaging manufacturing desired. Previous background with materials such as papers, films, foils, and sealants desired.
- Industry background in healthcare a plus.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and Other Characteristics
- Statistical knowledge and the ability to apply and interpret statistic in a manufacturing required
- Ability to write reports and procedure manuals required
- Strong presentation skills and the ability to communicate effectively with all organizational levels
- Previous project management experience preferred