AP Professionals has partnered with a packaging manufacturer in Rochester, NY seeking a Processes Engineer to join their growing team. While this is a technical position responsible for process and product performance, the Process Engineer is also highly responsible for people management; the Process Engineer must work hand-in-hand with operations and floor staff to ensure processes are understood and aligned within the Company’s multiple locations. 6+ years’ packaging industry experience is required, as well as a strong desire and ability to learn (quickly). This is a great opportunity to join a growing company with a focus on sustainability.
- Identify, create, and implement new and emerging process and product improvement areas utilizing statistical analysis, continually measuring performance
- Provide engineering expertise as information is collected necessary to implement process and product improvements. This includes active participation and communication with production, suppliers, sales, and other interdepartmental teams.
- Lead process and product improvement initiatives utilizing project management techniques
- Guarantee manufacturing specifications are understood utilizing excellent communication skills
- Recommend changes to technical design specifications
- Travel to supplier and customer sites as necessary
- Bachelor’s degree in industrial manufacturing, mechanical engineering, or a similar field required
- 6+ years’ experience in packaging engineering required
- Previous project management experience preferred
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and Other Characteristics
- Statistical knowledge and the ability to apply and interpret statistic in a manufacturing required
- Ability to write reports and procedure manuals required
- Strong presentation skills and the ability to communicate effectively with all organizational levels