AP Professionals just had a new Direct hire role in a payroll department that is looking to pay $20-22/hour. Develop new automations and validate data integrity to support/enhance the Payroll processes. Assist in future system planning and developmental needs. Help represent Payroll processes and systems as the subject matter expert in cross-functional projects. Associates degree and 2-5 years' experience required.
- Be the subject matter expert for payroll systems and processes.
- Responsible for importing and exporting various files within multiple systems.
- Responsible for preparation of certified payrolls.
- Responsible for carrying out high-level system processing; master controls, maintenance and system administration.
- Perform security for the Payroll systems.
- Assess procedures and documentations to develop new automations to allow more efficient workflow for the department.
- Train end users and cross train other team members on new processes and/or updates.
- Handles inbound calls from field employees with issues such as: Time & Attendance and questions regarding their paychecks.
- Responsible for processing and updating any system related changes to union contracts and corporate policies.
- Must have ability to troubleshoot system issues and involve IT as needed.
- Perform weekly/monthly/quarterly audits for Payroll and Cross-Departmental Needs.
- Write and run queries in Payroll Systems to generate reports for various departments.
- Must be able to meet tight deadlines within payroll for processing uploads and other mass changes.
- Responsible for year-end reporting and processing of vendors/Third Party and employees (W2’s).
- Performs other duties as assigned related to Payroll Functional Work
- Maintains knowledge and compliance of federal, state and local payroll regulations.
- Processes extra compensation payments, off-cycle check requests, pay adjustments and stop payments.
- Communicates with the human resource department and other departments to obtain data to facilitate the completion of time and labor information, retroactive payments and PTO and vacation payouts.
- Serves as the point-of-services customer contact for employees by providing information and resolving issues associated with the processing of payroll data.
- Resolves payroll discrepancies by collecting and analyzing information.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Associates degree or equivalent training and education.
- Two to five years of experience processing multi-state payroll.
- FPC or CPP certification preferred.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and Other Characteristics
- Ability to maintain confidentiality in handling sensitive Payroll/Accounting/HR information
- Adapt at multi-tasking and working under pressure within tight deadlines
- Excellent organizational skills
- Analytical skills
- Ability to support a team environment of shared work, shared success
- Strong PC skills including Word, Excel and Outlook
- Attention to detail
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Well-developed written/verbal communications skills
- Solid knowledge of HR systems/Payroll Systems/Time & Attendance required – Ultipro preferred
- Experience with query writing and creating ad-hoc reports
- Must be a self-starter with the ability to work independently or team environment with minimal supervision
- Solid familiarity with a wide range of financial concepts, terms and procedures