This position is with a growing manufacturer which is privately owned. Reporting to a director, this position is responsible for overseeing all of the manufacturing cost accounting activities and related analysis that is used in both daily and strategic decision making. The successful candidate will have superior analysis skills and an ability to communicate financial information effectively with all company personnel.
- Owner of cost accounting policies and procedures
- Monthly close function as it relates to operational accounting activities
- Standard cost setting and review
- Provides support for cost and pricing decisions
- Product gross margin, profitability, and break-even analysis
- Owns all metrics established for tracking and managing cost drivers
- Physical inventory management- including inventory control and assessment of inventory that has potentially become obsolete.
- Provides direct communication across the business regarding all financial information as it relates to manufacturing operations.
- Bachelor's Degree in accounting or finance
- MBA / CPA is preferred
- Prior cost accounting / manufacturing cost analysis experience to include labor, fixed and variable costs, overhead, inventory, and modeling
- Advanced technology skills to include Microsoft Office and sophisticated ERP experience (i.e. SAP, Oracle)
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and Other Characteristics
- Attention to detail
- Effective communication skills
- Ability to manage multiple priorities to successful conclusion
- Strong listener
- Able to see the big picture and relate it to detailed analysis