AP Professionals is recruiting for a Temporary Payroll Specialist. This position is located in Henrietta and will last at least 6-8 weeks. The pay for the position is between $19-22/hr.
- Responsible for importing and exporting various files within multiple systems.
- Responsible for calculating, processing and reporting various employee payroll taxes and deductions including garnishments, union dues and benefits.
- Responsible for preparation of certified payrolls.
- Prepares monthly union reporting and payments.
- Prepares, analyzes and disperses various reports on a regular basis.
- Prepares monthly journal entries and account reconciliations and assists with audits.
- Maintains knowledge and compliance of federal, state and local payroll regulations.
- Completes required statistical reports.
- Processes extra compensation payments, off-cycle check requests, pay adjustments and stop payments.
- Communicates with the human resource department and other departments to obtain data to facilitate the completion of time and labor information, retroactive payments and PTO and vacation payouts.
- Serves as the point-of-services customer contact for employees by providing information and resolving issues associated with the processing of payroll data.
- Resolves payroll discrepancies by collecting and analyzing information.
- Maintains employee confidence and protects payroll operations by keeping payroll information confidential.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Associate’s degree or equivalent training and education.
- Two to five years of experience processing multi-state payroll
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and Other Characteristics
- Experience with Ultimate Software and/or JD Edwards Enterprise One is preferred.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office including Microsoft Outlook, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Access and Microsoft Word.