Reporting to the Payroll Manager, this position is responsible for ensuring the accuracy of payroll systems and reports. The payroll analyst is the in-house expert for the systems used, ensures the data integrity and supports system enhancements to improve the automation of the payroll process and payroll reporting. This position must have a strong understanding of payroll processes and must possess good analysis skills.
- Provide analytical payroll reports.
- Research and resolve payroll/tax reporting inquiries.
- Continuous improvement for more efficient workflow of payroll and reporting processes.
- Ensure adequate controls over the payroll function.
- Act as the systems administrator for the payroll system.
- Remain current with legislative activities that impact the system, business and compliance reporting and pro-actively address those issues.
- Create ad hoc queries in Payroll Systems to generate reports to support the organization.
- Validate the integrity of the data transfer from the payroll system into the company ERP system.
- In conjunction with Human Resources and IT, ensure the payroll system remains secure.
- Acts as liaison/support between the payroll department other corporate departments.
- Communicate and train payroll team on payroll system requirements and revisions.
- Coordinating vendor upgrades and fixes through the company’s change control process. Understand and communicate the impact of those changes to the operations.
- Perform weekly/monthly/quarterly audits for Payroll .
- Responsible for generating year-end reporting and processing of vendors/Third Party and employees (W2’s).
- Reconcile all tax and unemployment liability accounts to the general ledger and investigate variances.
This position requires a minimum of an Associate's degree or proper training and education.
- 2-5 years of prior experience
- Multi-state payroll is required
- CPP of FPC certification is preferred
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and Other Characteristics
- Has a strong background in customer service and has a people first attitude.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality in handling sensitive information
- Capable of successfully multi-tasking and working under pressure within tight deadlines
- Strong PC skills including Word, Excel and Outlook
- Solid knowledge of HR systems/Payroll Systems/Time & Attendance required
- Experience with query writing and creating ad-hoc reports
- Solid familiarity with a wide range of financial concepts, terms and procedures
- Excellent organizational skills
- Analytical skills
- Team player
- Attention to detail with the ability to identify discrepancies
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Well-developed written/verbal communications skills
- Must be a self-starter with the ability to work independently or team environment with minimal supervision