Direct hire, downtown Rochester location
A large food and beverage manufacturer is seeking a Packaging Procurement Specialist to join their international team. Candidates must have packaging (not indirect / raw materials) sourcing experience. The Procurement Specialist will support company efforts to manage strategic supplier relationships on a regional and global scale. The candidate will ensure delivery of quality, timely, and cost-effective goods and services. Must be results-oriented and self-motivated! Bilingual in Spanish is strongly preferred.
- Negotiate purchase agreements and contracts with suppliers based on internal policies, budgets, and quotes to obtain the best materials with the best cost, quality, service, and response time.
- Contribute to the delivery of the purchasing strategy in a specific category of products and services.
- Lead and implement negotiations for the company’s different locations.
- Develop and deliver a negotiation strategy with an understanding of the risk and reward.
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration, manufacturing, engineering or a related field required.
- 4 years’ minimum experience in negotiation processes and purchasing with specific regard to packaging materials suppliers.
- Proven successful supplier relations management abilities required.
- Strong leadership and negotiation skills are a must.
- Bilingual in Spanish strongly preferred.
This position is not eligible for Visa sponsorship.