AP Professionals has partnered with a large food manufacturing company located on the west side of Rochester that is seeking a Packaging Manager to join their team. The Packaging Manager will be responsible for managing the plant sanitation, ensuring the repackaging of safe, quality products within cost standards and service levels, as well as defining process improvements. Previous food experience is required!
- Manage day to day activities within the repackaging department to include people management, coaching, and mentoring.
- Actively participates in employee health, environmental, safety, and food safety programs.
- Accountable for budget preparation activities, cost analysis, and variance to plan objectives.
- Defines process improvements, and implements plans to increase efficiencies.
- Embrace and lead strategic direction.
- Implements corporate and facility policies from all functional areas.
- Identify and implement supply chain improvements.
- Monitor new business initiatives and implements new business/changing customer opportunities.
- Responsible and accountable for the execution of the sanitation programs and processes to meet all food safety requirements.
- Accountable for employee compliance with established HARPC, Food Safety, GMP and all other Regulatory guidelines.
- Knowledgeable of SQF and implements all practices, protocols, and procedures as defined in facility programs.
- Accountable for the health and safety of employees under your supervision; responsible for ensuring that buildings, machinery, and equipment are safe and that employees work in
- Demonstrate a personal commitment to safety, and set a proper example at all times.
- Enforce and implement policies to establish a culture of health and safety
- Associates degree in Food Technology or related field with additional course work in Supervision and Management
- 5-8 years of progressive supervisory/management experience
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and Other Characteristics
- Computer Literacy: Microsoft Office, Facility Inventory System.
- Excellent organizational, and communication skills.
- Strong Written and Communication Skills.
- Strong leadership and Team Building Skills, (Coaching and Mentoring)
- Strong Problem Solving and Project Management Skills.
- Strong Mechanical Aptitude with Process Improvement Skills.
- Respectful, Approachable, Positive, and Community driven Business Ethics.