AP Professionals has partnered with an agriculture company located on the eastside of Rochester that is looking to add an Operations Manager to their growing team. This position is newly created and open due to growth! The Operations Manager will be responsible for scheduling production and assisting with profitability, production, and sales of a part of their business. Experience in an agricultural or manufacturing environment required. Previous background in composting and fertilizer production and usage a plus!
- Manage division’s production staff, operations activities and storage.
- Prepare formulations to meet customer’s needs.
- Measure and improve the performance of production operations.
- Purchase ingredients and needed supplies.
- Verify records to ensure that they are being performed and filed properly to meet managerial and audit requirements.
- Coordinate production/warehousing/inventory of ingredients and finished product.
- Work with the Sales Manager to prepare sales projections, production schedules, pricing schedules, and quality control reporting and compliance for management review.
- Assist barn crew and farm crew with projects as required.
- Lead by example by learning and educating others, and ensures employee have up-to-date performance reviews and receive feedback that is fair, accurate, and helps them do their jobs better.
- Provide feedback on training programs and look for ways to improve practices, including follow-ups with newly trained employees.
- Play a key role in the farm management team; participates in team meetings.
- Look for opportunities to eliminate re-work, waste, etc.
- Inform Safety and Operations Manager and maintenance team of potential hazards.
- Share results with employees and ensure recognition of individual and team achievements, as well as providing specific informal and formal feedback to employees in a timely fashion.
- Act as a team player (support and encourage co-workers)
- Participate in applicable external and conduct internal audits.
- Associates or Bachelor’s Degree in biological sciences or agriculture, or equivalent experience preferred (minimum of a high school diploma required)
- Experience in production operations in an agricultural or manufacturing environment
- Experience in, or aptitude for, operating equipment
- Knowledge of production operations
- Understanding of the science of composting and fertilizer production and usage
- General knowledge of agricultural equipment operation or a strong aptitude for operating equipment
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and Other Characteristics
- Excellent organizational skills
- High degree of initiative
- Strong business acumen
- Excellent staff management skills
- Class A driver’s license a plus