Job Summary: This position supports regional branch managers with the accurate record keeping of approximately $250 - $500 million in contract values/costs through the utilization of monthly project reporting, special assignments, and project audits. The Operations Support Specialist acts as a liaison between operations and functional groups on processes & procedures. This role supports operations through assistance with Vista by Viewpoint (ERP system) throughout the life of a job by training and assisting with project accounting, analysis, and troubleshooting. Additionally, this position assists with project reporting, cost moves, and project close-out.
This position requires a minimum of a week of travel a month.
This position is responsible for the following duties:
- Support project teams with all record keeping and financial aspects of jobs. Serve as gatekeeper and set up jobs in Vista by Viewpoint including tax status, contract value, job phases, schedule of values, change orders etc. Assist with job close-out in Vista by Viewpoint. Perform job cost adjustments.
- Train operations and troubleshoot discrepancies within Vista by Viewpoint modules (Job Cost, Change Management, Purchase Orders, Requests, Subcontracts, Submittals etc...) Provide recommendations of various methods for managing projects within Vista by Viewpoint. Maintain operations intranet page and update instructions for Vista by Viewpoint modules.
- Support regional SBU Leader(s) with special assignments and project audits. Perform regular WIP financial reviews. Identify and rectify job concerns and close-outs. Perform various financial analyses and prepare various reports on an ad hoc basis.
- Manage Project Administrators workloads; assist with training and implementation of functional group processes and procedures. Implement onboarding of Project Administrators in regional offices. Provide direction to Project Administrators on their day-to-day tasks. Perform annual performance reviews.Serve as liaison to project teams and functional groups. Disseminate new process and or procedural changes. Hold monthly meetings with Project Administrators.
- Special assignments as requested including joint ventures, mergers, and acquisitions. Support Textura (electronic payment management program) administration on projects.
Technology Skills/Abilities: This position will be utilizing Microsoft Office products, AIA, Vista by Viewpoint software, and Textura administration software. A strong knowledge/expertise of ERP and related systems will be required.
Education/Experience Requirements: A Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent in Business/Accounting/Administration and 3 years of related experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Possess business acumen, inquisitiveness
- Technology/systems savvy
- Possess and demonstrate leadership capabilities
- Ability to think critically, be accurate, multi-task, collaborate, take initiative/follow through, and communicate orally and in writing clearly and professionally