AP Professionals has partnered with a food manufacturer looking to fill an Operations Supervisor opening due to a retirement. The Operations Supervisor will be responsible for overseeing a team of 20 – 30 team members and ensuring safety is upheld. Utilize root cause analysis tools and work to increase efficiency of the department. The ideal candidate would have previous supervisory experience within a food manufacturing company. Union experience a must! This position is 2nd shift with hours of 4:00 PM - 1:00 AM.
For more information regarding this posting, or to submit a resume directly, please email: email@example.com
- Ensure the work environment and personnel remain are safe
- Assign and direct work to employees as well as investigate any incidents and issues
- Train and ensure that employees follow any job and safety work requirements.
- Utilize root cause analysis tools to identify preventative and corrective actions to eliminate problems.
- Assist in developing and maintaining departmental work instructions and SOP’s.
- Recommend measures to improve quality of service as well as increase efficiency of department and work crews and equipment performance.
- Collaborate with other supervisors to coordinate activities between departments and serve internal customers.
- Interact and work with members of Maintenance, Quality Assurance, Human Resources, Material Handling and Finance departments.
- Communicate and work with Employees and Supervisors to appropriately resolve issues and problems that may arise.
- Bachelor's degree
- 5 years' direct manufacturing supervisory related experience, within a food manufacturing environment preferred
- Experience working with high volume, automated processing equipment.
- Supervisory experience in unionized environment
- Food processing knowledge
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and Other Characteristics
- Demonstrated leadership skills and ability to manage and coach team members while empowering them to become involved.
- Communication and good people skills
- Proven ability to implement and enforce process improvement initiatives.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Detail oriented and highly organized with excellent follow-up practices
- Ability to supervise hourly team members and interact with all levels of management to maintain a positive and productive work environment
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel, Word and Outlook
- Proven problem solving and organizational skills
- Ability to flourish in a fast-paced and diverse work environment.