AP Professionals has partnered with a manufacturer that is looking to add an Operations Manager to their growing Rochester, NY location. The Operations Manager will be responsible for focusing on machine setup, developing KPIs, and mentoring reports. Previous experience in machine set-up, molding, and leadership is required, no exceptions.
- Provide guidance, direction and leadership to ensure that the machine setup program allows for the opportunity to produce products that are manufactured with the highest level of quality in a safe and timely manner while meeting or exceeding customer expectations
- Partner closely with Production to ensure adherence to production schedules.
- Work, build, and maintain relationships across all functions, including Engineering, Production, Planning, Maintenance, Automation, Purchasing, and Finance, in order to meet or exceed customer expectations.
- Work to promote and maintain a safe work environment, a high level of safety awareness among associates, and implement 5S principles.
- Mentor and develop direct reports to achieve a multi skilled team capable of supporting multiple molding technologies. Listens, supports, engages and encourages employee suggestions and input to achieve excellent results
- With assistance from Engineering Manager, maintains proper staffing levels, scheduling and organizing work assignments within the company policies and procedures
- Develop KPI’s, identify gaps and implement countermeasures
- Establish goals, set priorities and coordinate all related activities amongst setup employees to ensure drive and focus towards meeting or exceeding established common business objectives
- Monitor, review, and improve operations, and drive corrective and preventative actions. Focus team on using standardized work practices.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or related field preferred, High School Diploma/GED required
- 10+ years’ experience in a manufacturing environment
- 5+ years’ of leadership experience
- Plastic molding experience or similar experience required
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and Other Characteristics
- Strong leadership and decision-making ability.
- Possess a continuous process improvement mindset with the ability to effectively lead and manage change.
- Strong project management, communication, and organizational skills.
- Proficient in use of Microsoft Office Suite.
- Knowledge, experience or training in Lean techniques and proficient in process auditing.