AP Professionals has partnered with an electrical supplier located south of Rochester that is looking to add an Operations Manager to their team. The Operations manager will be responsible for organizing, planning and directing the activities of the plant. They will also establish performance, quality and safety objectives. This role is open due to a recent retirement. Candidates with an engineering and manufacturing background highly desired. SAP and Ceramics experience a plus! Previous experience implementing a lean manufacturing environment desired.
- Oversee all general management and supervisory functions for the plant and equipment
- Establish preventative maintenance programs and oversee the repair of equipment.
- Requisition maintenance suppliers and equipment.
- Maintain records of repair parts and maintenance supplies.
- Maintain records of machine rebuild parts supplies and equipment.
- Responsible for effective communication with assigned employees.
- Conduct regular informational meetings.
- Initiate action to prevent the occurrence of any nonconformity relating to the product, process or quality system within their area of responsibility.
- Responsible for the completion of all actions required by corrective or preventative action within their area of responsibility.
- Accept, perform, and accountable for the results of assigned personal duties
- Identify and inform Plant Manager of area problems and possible solutions.
- Handle confidential information and responsible for the proper handling and use of that information.
- Work with quality and scheduling to insure needed products are made on time and of proper quality to supply our customer base.
- Help direct all activities in the shipping and receiving departments.
- Perform training activities for all hourly employees on plant procedure changes, and required regulatory training.
- Member of the plant safety team and completes follow up on safety related items.
- Bachelor’s degree in Manufacturing Engineering or equivalent required
- 5+ years recent management experience
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and Other Characteristics
- Knowledge of six sigma and continuous improvement tools preferred
- Experience, Know How, Skills, Personality
- Experience in manufacturing environment a plus
- Preferred familiarity with SAP
- Attention to detail with mechanical aptitude
- Ability to work in a team
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
- Thorough knowledge of the materials and supplies
- Considerable knowledge of manufacturing methods, policies and procedures