AP Professionals has partnered with a Manufacturing company looking to add a Molding Manufacturing Engineer to their growing team. The Molding Manufacturing Engineer with be responsible for molding (injection, injection blow, and extrusion blow) along with automated machinery and equipment. 5+ year’s previous experience and a Bachelor’s degree in Engineering required. Automation background needed!
- Drive continuous improvement by developing and implementing systems that optimize all phases of the production process while being actively involved in the development and implementation of the long-term improvement programs.
- Ability to verify plastic molded components are within the accepted process window to use automated processes for assembly.
- Interacts with molding setups & process engineering to solve component related issues & their effect on the automation process.
- Participate in new product development projects verifying new products will perform within our manufacturing processes.
- Conceptualize, develop, verify and validate engineering solutions for automated control systems that supports plant activities including: scrap reduction, customer complaint corrective action, & productivity improvements.
- Ability to evaluate & define the processes failure(s), supporting root cause analysis, and facilitating the corrective action for advanced automation systems.
- Responsible for capital project management from justification to the implementation of automated manufacturing systems. This includes the development equipment specifications & the ability to work with a wide variety of external suppliers to obtain quotations.
- Develops project plans and capital appropriations requests.
- Prepares schedules, budgets and tracks progress while keeping the internal customers informed on project status.
- Support Automation Engineering with installation of improvements & new Automation.
- Communicates effectively, both verbally and in writing, to a broad manufacturing base
- Troubleshoot & support:
- Various PLC formats with heavy emphasis on Allen-Bradley PLC/HMI hardware and software: SLC, PLC, ContolLogix, Panelview
- A wide variety of automation technologies, including: Robots, Printing (Pad/Screen/Offset/InkJet), Ultrasonic Welders, Vision Systems, Leak Testers, Labelers, Capping Equipment, reamers & other finishing equipment.
- Works with equipment vendors to solve automation problems & increase self-knowledge.
- Develop / modify procedures & training guidelines as needed for automation processes, including training of setup personnel.
- Designs, sketches & dimensions improvements to existing automation systems.
- Tracks & helps maintain automation data (stops, scrap, etc.) to support continuous improvement process.
- Uses PPI tools and Lean techniques to analyze data and improve processes.
- Bachelor's Degree (Engineering Discipline) with 5 years of related technical molding and automation experience.
- Must have a very broad electrical and mechanical background, including hands on experience with PLC’s, robots, motion controls and associated programming software.
- Must have significant project management experience with automated equipment.
- Must have extensive knowledge of Lean Manufacturing.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and Other Characteristics
- Must have outstanding skills regarding: technical writing, oral and written communications and the ability to work within a team environment.