AP Professionals has partnered with a Rochester, NY boutique public accounting firm, in search of a seasoned tax all-star to join their tax practice. Ideal characteristics include: collaborator, team focused, problem solver, attention to detail, mentor, and enthusiastic. This is a strategic hire for the firm, considered a significant addition to help set their foundation for controlled growth and future successes. This is an opportunity to join a firm with an impeccable reputation as they evolve into the next generation of leadership and growth. Leadership expects this position will bring outside experiences and accomplishments to the firm to make them better, input is expected. Our client is looking to invest in the “right” professional for the future; depth of experience and specific focus of tax expertise is less important than fit. This position is identified to become a Partner in the firm.
- Attention to details
- Pro-active approach to responsibilities
- Able to interface effectively with all personnel.
- Responsible for planning, coordinating and supervising the various phases of tax compliance engagements or tax consulting project work
- Engage in complex tax strategies and planning, including collaborating with team members to produce the best solution for the client
- Conduct research, maintain proficiency in professional standards, and develop expertise within the firm
- Team player who has experience supervising staff
- Prepare staff performance evaluations and discuss with staff members
- Develop a responsible and trained staff by assisting in recruiting, developing training aids, and acting as an instructor in professional development programs
- Identify and recommend new business opportunities for the firm
- Financial statement preparation and/or tax return preparation
- Willingness to develop client relationships and proactively provide tax savings solutions preferred
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting, CPA designation strongly preferred, CFA designation preferred.
- Minimum 5–8+ years of public accounting tax experience
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and Other Characteristics
- Ability to work in a collaborative environment
- State and local, multi-state experience; international tax experience a plus