AP Professionals has partnered with a Manufacturer located in Rochester, NY that is looking for a Manufacturing Engineer to join their team. The Manufacturing Engineer will be responsible for identifying and implementing process and tooling improvements, implementing corrective actions, and testing prototypes. The Manufacturing Engineer will also support new product design, the manufacturing process, and continuous improvement efforts within the plant. Automation experience required!
For more information regarding this posting, or to submit a resume directly, please email: email@example.com
- Support process improvement initiatives and activities throughout the plant.
- Identify and implement process and tooling improvements, as well as new technology designed to increase productivity while improving quality, reducing cycle time and process variability.
- Provide “hands on” engineering support. Determine root cause and implement corrective actions on both internal and customer related manufacturing problems
- Work with Quality on metrics and testing repairs
- Document all projects with metrics and communicate to the appropriate teams involved.
- Design and coordinate the layout of equipment and workstations for maximum efficiency and optimum workflow in accordance with acceptable safety guidelines
- Provide engineering support in the development of new product designs, design extensions of existing products and introduction of re-sale products. Collaborate with sales and vendors
- Provide testing of prototype electronic devices that include microcontrollers
- Develops specifications, justifies and implements capital projects supporting production, facility and new technology programs.
- Handle maintenance of part number systems and bill of materials in computer databases.
- Work on engineering drawings including part details, engineering documents, process details, reference charts and instructions, film and cliché drawings
- 4 year Technical degree in related engineering field (Mechanical, Manufacturing with Electrical background) or equivalent experience.
- 5-10 years’ experience in a build-to-order lean manufacturing environment.
- Proven knowledge of machining and manufacturing processes.
- Knowledge of digital sensor manufacturing
- Experience with automation, robotics, PLC required
- Experienced in mid to low volume manufacturing