AP Professionals has partnered with a medical device startup looking to add a Mechanical Engineer to their team. The Mechanical Engineer will be responsible for researching, designing, building, developing, testing enclosures and related devices for the equipment. 5+ years’ of experience, specifically with fluid valves, latching mechanisms, and cameras required.
- Design enclosures, latching mechanisms, fluid valves, etc. and generate the associated design files.
- Create design requirements with collaboration from team members
- Write and execute test procedures, and document results in formal reports
- Analyze and troubleshoot designs to optimize performance and long-term reliability
- Rapidly ideate and prototype with a 3D printer to demonstrate hardware potential
- Work closely with system architects and other design engineers to ensure that the design meets the end users’ needs
- BS in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent experience.
- 5+ years of experience.
- Working knowledge of enclosures.
- Experience in the medical industry or another regulated field.
- Experience with fluid valve design.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and Other Characteristics
- Excellent communication skills.