AP Professionals has partnered with a Manufacturing company looking to add a Manufacturing Supervisor on to their night shift. The Manufacturing Supervisor will oversee the processes, as well as handle EHS, Quality, production and financial targets. 5 years’ experience in a manufacturing environment as well as 3 years of experience in a supervisory capacity required.
- Lead team to meet or exceed operational goals in safety, quality, availability, cost, productivity and inventory.
- Manage process improvements within scope of responsibility, utilizing PPI, 5S, Lean and Six Sigma methodologies
- Create work center performance goals and leads team towards achieving those goals using employee participation.
- Lead and promote process improvement initiatives to drive strong performance in safety, product quality, and finance and process efficiency.
- Promote a working environment that encourages employee involvement to achieve operational excellence.
- Ensures effective performance evaluations are prepared and delivered for all employees.
- Develops talent within the organization including regularly meeting with employees and assisting in the creation of individual development plans.
- Coach and mentor staff to elevate overall performance and achieve departmental goals and objectives.
- Makes technical and business risk decisions under real-time pressure.
- Has accountability for department operations when Senior Manager is not on-site.
- Ensures company policies and procedures are being adhered to.
- Acts as subject matter expert during customer and regulatory agency audits.
- Drives implementation of corrective and preventive actions to address internal and external audit observations.
- Interacts with diverse internal functional groups to solve moderately complex problems.
- Initiates investigations into process failures, product failures, and safety incidents.
- Identifies and implements appropriate corrective and preventive actions.
- Bachelor’s degree in Science or Engineering discipline. Experience in lieu of degree is acceptable.
- 5 years of experience in a manufacturing environment with at least 3 years in a supervisory position.
- Strong leadership abilities with capability to leverage diverse resources, respond quickly, understand impact of changes and decisions, facilitate agreement, build collaborative relationships and understand customer’s needs.
- Practical application experience of Six Sigma and Lean Manufacturing or other process improvement methodologies.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and Other Characteristics
- Excellent communication, leadership and problem solving skills.
- Demonstrated ability to lead people, work effectively with cross functional teams, and to facilitate cooperation across functional boundaries.