Direct hire, east of Rochester, 80 – 100K commensurate to experience
Our client in the aerospace industry is seek a manufacturing engineer to ensure manufacturing products and processes are cost effective, reliable, and meet customer requirements. The candidate will determine the methods and structures for manufacturing operations for products, parts, and assemblies, and provide input on the manufacturability of product designs or modification. The company offers significant bonus potential, onsite perks, and great benefits!
- Evaluate manufacturing processes through analysis and applying knowledge of product design, fabrication, assembly, tooling, and materials.
- Develop manufacturing process by studying product requirements; research, design, modify, and test manufacturing methods and equipment.
- Prepare written and visual work instructions for production personnel use.
- Improve manufacturing efficiency by analyzing and planning workflow, space requirements, and equipment layout. Assure process control and reliability for assigned areas, and implement recommendations for improvements.
- Assure product and process quality by designing testing methods, testing finished product and process capabilities, and establishing standards to confirm and validate manufacturing process requirements.
- Determine the root cause of failures using statistical methods. Recommend changes to refine products and process by applying continuous improvement and Lean Manufacturing principals.
- Prepare and present product and process reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends.
- Maintain equipment operation by coordinating maintenance and repair services.
- Bachelor’s degree in manufacturing engineering or related engineering field and prior manufacturing experience.
- Knowledge of aerospace industry products and legal and regulatory manufacturing requirements.
- Knowledge of Lean Manufacturing principles.
- Strong mechanical aptitude.
- Drafting, programming, and CAD abilities.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret engineering drawings, technical manuals, and policies.
This position is not eligible for Visa sponsorship. Due to the company's military contractor status, the applicant must be a US citizen or permanent resident.