AP Professionals has partnered with a Manufacturer located in Rochester, NY that is looking for a Manufacturing Engineer to join their team. The Manufacturing Engineer will be responsible for acting as a project manager for new product development efforts. They will coordinate internal and external resources as well as identifying and implementing process and tooling improvements. Experience with electronics, microcontrollers and control systems required! Previous experience with Arduino/Raspberry PI devices a plus!
For more information regarding this posting, or to submit a resume directly, please email: email@example.com
- Support process improvement initiatives and activities throughout the plant.
- Identify and implement process and tooling improvements, as well as new technology designed to increase productivity while improving quality, reducing cycle time and process variability.
- Provide “hands on” engineering support. Determine root cause and implement corrective actions on both internal and customer related manufacturing problems
- Act as project manager for new product development efforts including coordinating internal and external resources
- Work with Quality on metrics and testing repairs
- Document all projects with metrics and communicate to the appropriate teams involved.
- Design and coordinate the layout of equipment and workstations for maximum efficiency and optimum workflow in accordance with acceptable safety guidelines
- Provide engineering support in the development of new product designs, design extensions of existing products and introduction of re-sale products. Collaborate with sales and vendors
- Provide testing of prototype electronic devices that include microcontrollers
- Develops specifications, justifies and implements capital projects supporting production, facility and new technology programs.
- Handle maintenance of part number systems and bill of materials in computer databases.
- Work on engineering drawings including part details, engineering documents, process details, reference charts and instructions, film and cliché drawings
- 4 year Technical degree in related engineering field (Mechanical, Electro-Mechanical, Manufacturing with Electrical background) or equivalent experience.
- 5-10 years’ experience in a build-to-order lean manufacturing environment.
- Proven knowledge of machining and manufacturing processes.
- Knowledge of digital sensor manufacturing
- Proficient working knowledge of electronics, microcontrollers and control systems; experience with Arduino/Raspberry Pi type devices a plus
- Experience with QA principles and inspection equipment such as micrometers, calipers, height gages
- Experienced in mid to low volume manufacturing