AP Professionals has partnered with a large aerospace manufacturer seeking two Manufacturing Engineers to join their team. The Manufacturing Engineer will ensure manufacturing products and processes are cost effective, reliable, and meet customer requirements. The Manufacturing Engineer will determine the methods and structures for manufacturing operations for products, parts, and assemblies, and provide input on the manufacturability of product designs or modification. This company offers significant bonus potential, onsite perks, and great benefits!
- Evaluate manufacturing processes through analysis and applying knowledge of product design, fabrication, assembly, tooling, and materials.
- Develop manufacturing process by studying product requirements; research, design, modify, and test manufacturing methods and equipment.
- Prepare written and visual work instructions for production personnel use.
- Improve manufacturing efficiency by analyzing and planning workflow, space requirements, and equipment layout. Assure process control and reliability for assigned areas, and implement recommendations for improvements.
- Assure product and process quality by designing testing methods, testing finished product and process capabilities, and establishing standards to confirm and validate manufacturing process requirements.
- Determine the root cause of failures using statistical methods. Recommend changes to refine products and process by applying continuous improvement and Lean Manufacturing principals.
- Prepare and present product and process reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends.
- Maintain equipment operation by coordinating maintenance and repair services.
- Bachelor’s degree in manufacturing engineering or related engineering field highly preferred, Associate's degree required
- Society of Manufacturing Engineering (SME) or Mechanical Engineering (ASME) certification a plus
- 3-5 years' prior manufacturing experience required with a Bachelor's degree; minimum of 6 years prior experience with an Associate's degree.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and Other Characteristics
- Knowledge of aerospace industry products and legal and regulatory manufacturing requirements highly preferred
- Knowledge of Lean Manufacturing principles required
- Strong mechanical aptitude required
- Drafting, programming, and CAD abilities required
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret engineering drawings, technical manuals, and policies required
- US Citizenship or permanent residency status is required due to the company's military contractor status; this position is not eligible for Visa sponsorship