AP Professionals has partnered with a Manufacturer looking to add a Manufacturing Engineer to their team. The Manufacturing Engineer works with manufacturing on facility layouts to accommodate new and upgraded equipment and production lines to ensure the most efficient systems in throughput, material flow. Bachelor’s in Manufacturing Engineer and 5 years’ experience implementing automated equipment and continuous improvement projects within a hands-on manufacturing environment required.
- Investigates improvement potential in design, manufacturing and assembly of components or products
- Recommends and implements changes to improve performance (i.e. machine throughput, quality levels, delivery lead times, line takt time, etc.)
- Specifies and coordinates development and fabrication of tooling and equipment to support facilities continuous improvement needs
- Expedites design, system, and component delivery to meet project requirements
- Identifies and reports deviations from specifications, timing issues, and difficulties with meeting performance objectives
- Produces accurate documentation, operating procedures, and provides operator training for production tooling and equipment
- Reviews and understands detailed specifications and plans
- Prepares detailed designs according to specifications
- Produces project supportive documentation, i.e. drawings, schematics, layouts, etc. which comply with drawing procedures and other engineering controls
- Works closely with manufacturing staff and product engineering
- Generates project justification documentation
- Produces and manages project timelines, schedules, etc.
- Engage with IT staff and IT systems to support new and/or upgraded manufacturing equipment that will need to interact with ERP system(s)
- Supports maintenance with information regarding installation, troubleshooting, and adjustments
- Calculates performance, outputs, limits, energy usage, etc.
- Bachelor of Science in Manufacturing Engineering or related technical discipline
- Green and/or Black Belt certified in Six Sigma/Lean Manufacturing a plus
- A minimum of 5 years experience successfully implementing automated equipment and continuous improvement projects within a hands-on manufacturing environment
- Demonstrated ability and experience with troubleshooting automated assembly systems
- Knowledge of implementing pneumatic, hydraulic, motorized, and/or robotic systems for the use of in-house automated manufacturing and assembly systems
- Effective communication skills including technical writing
- Sound mechanical/manufacturing design capability (GD&T, CTF, CTP, DFM, etc.)
- Strong problem-solving capabilities using root cause analysis, etc.
- Understanding of Lean Manufacturing and SPC ideologies
- Knowledge of metal working, forming, stamping, etc. a plus
- Understanding the implementation of control systems, i.e. PLC’s, Servos, etc., in automation systems a plus
- 3D CAD Skills, preferably SolidWorks
- 2D CAD Skills, preferably DraftSight and/or AutoCAD
- Proficient in use of MS Office Suite
- Project Management Tools, Smartsheets, MS Project or equivalent