AP Professionals has partnered with a local Manufacturer looking to add a Manufacturing Engineer to their Rochester, NY team. Support engineering activities within new and existing product design, manufacturing process, continuous improvement, capital equipment justification and implementation, plant and workplace layout. This position is newly created due to growth in the company! Candidates with a background in electrical or mechanical engineering are highly encouraged to apply.
- Support process improvement initiatives and activities throughout the plant. Identifies and implements process and tooling improvements, new technology designed to increase productivity, improve quality, reduce cycle time and process variability
- Provides “hands on” engineering support to determine root cause and implement corrective actions on internal and customer related manufacturing problems
- Work with Quality Assurance with metrics and testing repairs
- Document all projects with metrics and communicate to teams involved.
- Designs and coordinates the layout of equipment and workstations for maximum efficiency and optimum workflow in accordance with acceptable safety guidelines
- Provides engineering support in the development of new product designs, design extensions of existing products and introduction of re-sale products, works closely with sales and vendors
- Provide testing of prototype electronic devices that include microcontrollers
- Act as project manager for new product development efforts including coordinating internal and external resources
- Develops specifications, justifies and implements capital projects supporting production, facility and new technology programs.
- Maintenance of part number systems and bill of materials in computer databases, engineering drawings, including part details, engineering documents, process details, reference charts and instructions, film and cliché drawings.
- 4 year Technical degree in related engineering field (Mechanical, Electro-Mechanical, Manufacturing with Electrical background) or equivalent experience.
- 5-10 years’ experience in a build-to-order lean manufacturing environment.
- Proven knowledge of machining and manufacturing processes.
- Working knowledge of fabrication, CNC machining, assembly and automation.
- Knowledge of Welding process (TIG, Resistance)
- Working knowledge of MS Word and Excel, Solidworks, Syteline (Symix) manufacturing system.
- General knowledge of electronics, microcontrollers and control systems and experience with Arduino/Raspberry Pi type devices a plus
- Knowledge of project management
- Knowledge of testing and troubleshooting electronic prototypes
- Working knowledge of drawing specifications such as GD&T
- Working knowledge of QA principles & inspection equipment such as micrometers, calipers, height gages, optical compotators.