AP Professionals has partnered with a manufacturer looking to add a Maintenance and Facilities Manager to their growing team. The Maintenance and Facilities Manager will be responsible for overseeing three employees and overseeing/assisting any preventative maintenance efforts within the facility. They will also be responsible for coordinating with other team members such as production, electricians, and technicians to maximize productivity and minimize cost.
- Ensure the safety of all associates by identifying safety issues and taking measures to proactively address concerns.
- Supervise and develop the maintenance team to ensure effective communication across and between shifts along with the production teams.
- Utilize preventive maintenance systems to reduce unscheduled downtime.
- Efficient use of reliable troubleshooting methods to ensure uptime, production volume and quality goals are met
- Effective use of training resources to maximize team technical skills.
- Use computer-based programs to support effective prioritization of maintenance requests, manage maintenance inventory, and delegate maintenance resources.
- Bachelor's degree or higher
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in a supervisory role in an industrial environment
- Work related experience in leading and ensuring compliance with safety initiatives
- Knowledgeable in the areas of hydraulics, air systems, mechanical drives, mechanical components, installation methods, troubleshooting and repair techniques and methods, welding, and basic industrial electrical.
- Proven expertise in preventive and predictive maintenance methods
- Ability to identify root cause of problems and effectively initiate immediate corrective action to prevent reoccurrence.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and Other Characteristics
- Demonstrated ability to raise performance by building and maintaining positive relationships with all associates through coaching and development
- Strong planning and organizational skills
- Strong work ethic, good judgment and decision-making skills
- Basic computer skills and proficiency in MS Office and other Windows based programs and internet skills