This newly created position will be responsible for helping build a more robust financial analysis function for the company's growing business. The position will report to the VP of Finance and be focused on providing analysis and measurement of business activity on a variety of levels with the goal of helping drive the strategic decision making process and overall profitability of the company.
- Prepare and review financial models for the entity and individual companies. Ensure accuracy in reporting before delivering to management.
• Provides communication and explanation to financial reports.
• Drives improvement in financial performance through analysis of results, variances, and communicating root causes to those results.
• Prepare financial forecasts for the businesses / divisions.
• Develop analytical models that can be used across the company.
• Participate and lead process improvement teams.
• Works collaboratively to achieve the overall goals of the finance team.
This position requires a Bachelor's degree in fiance or accounting. MBA / CPA a plus.
Candidates must possess a minimum of 7 years' of experience including prior Finance management experience. In addition, this candidate should have strong technology skills- ERP system and report writing software as well as Microsoft Office applications. The position also requires prior experience retrieving and analyzing large amounts of data from data tables and warehouses.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and Other Characteristics
- Strong knowledge of financial analysis and financial reporting requirements.
- Ability to concisely analyze, reconcile and articulate financial data effectively.
- Accuracy; attention to detail.
- Strong math aptitude or skills.
- Confidentiality of all privileged information.
- Personable, helpful, and work independently; be a positive, contributing team member.
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to interpret data and create efficient spreadsheets.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Strong organizational skills with a proven ability to multitask, work under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Strong presentation, verbal and written communication skills.