The Operations Cost Accountant is responsible for understanding operational results and applying this information to yearly standards. The duties include providing management with detailed reports for use in making business decisions and controlling expenditures, providing financial analysis to evaluate special projects, programs, and product costing, and leading the process of developing and verifying data relevant to cost accounting and margin analysis.
- Analyze manufacturing expenses and prepare reports detailing actual production costs
- Investigate proposed design and process changes and new product concepts. Create cost/structures/analyses to deliver directional information for management use
- Understand and design cost flow to determine proper job order costing
- Responsible for operational variance analysis, usage variances, absorption and volume variances compared to budget with relevant and concise explanations
- Provide management and various departments with detailed reports for use in making business decisions and controlling expenses
- Perform month-end close activities including journal entries as well as forecasting
- Manage fixed asset base and reporting
- Support the Operations group annual budget and planning cycles
- Support and educate personnel throughout the organization on financial principles relevant to their functions to ensure integrity of costs and accuracy of information.
- Support the Accounting department personnel for analysis
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance or Accounting
- 3-6 years of experience in working in a manufacturing environment with cost accounting, reporting and cross team collaboration.
- Experience and knowledge of financial and cost accounting
- Experience with working with all levels of an organization
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and Other Characteristics
- Understanding of GAAP standards, codes and concepts
- Excellent analytical and reasoning skills, plus excellent organizational and presentation skills required
- Proficiency in Excel and other MS Office products
- Effective problem-solving skills
- Exercise discretion and maintain confidential information