The Tax Manager is responsible for accurately reviewing, filing, and submitting all required tax filings for the companies on a consistently timely basis within the mandated deadlines. In addition, this position will maintain current with tax rules and regulations and will take pro-active measures to ensure the ability to comply with future tax changes. As manager of a team, this position is also responsible for training and sharing the appropriate information with the staff in order to empower them to perform their tasks successfully.
- Prepare and review tax returns to ensure they are properly prepared and in compliance with the applicable tax laws.
- Ensure tax assets and liabilities are accurately stated in the general ledger. Identify variances, address root cause, and prepare adjustments as necessary. Prepare and/or review monthly general ledger reconciliations.
- Reconcile monthly sales and purchasing detail for completeness prior to preparation of monthly return.
- Train and develop staff and conduct regular performance reviews.
- Monitor status of outstanding tax returns and provide updates.
- Manage receipt of tax refund checks and prepare accounting treatment for processing.
- Support tax audits and respond to tax assessments to minimize penalties and interest.
- Support management in providing practical solutions to reduce future audit risk.
- Identify need to amend previously filed returns.
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting
- CPA Credential is preferred
- Minimum of three years' of experience in an accounting or tax role
- Minimum of One year supervisory experience
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and Other Characteristics
- Able to comprehend tax regulations
- Can communicate effectively across organization
- Attention to detail
- Advanced technology skills
- Able to process and understand large volumes of data
- Deadline focused
- Critical thinking skills
- High integrity
- Team player / leader
- Able to multi-task